What Is Digital Printing And Why Is It So Popular?
The world of printing has evolved a lot since the invention of the printer during the industrial revolution. The printing process is way simple now than it used to be and we have almost come to take digital printing for granted.
But what is digital printing and why do so many people from Alaska, Anchorage, Barrow, Bethel, Fairbanks, Kenai, Seward, Soldotna and other towns rely on it so much?
Digital printing has been around since the invention of the personal computer.
People now have the possibility to print digital images from their computer on a sheet of paper; and they can do this from the comfort of their own home. But digital printing requires a digital-based image (the ones that you have in your PC or your digital camera) that is usually printed in a professional studio, on a variety of media. From the point of view of pricing, it is well-known that the process costs a bit more than other printing processes, but the end result is worth its pay.
One of the reasons why digital printing is so popular lies in the vast array of benefits it provides:
– You can print large-format inkjet printers using desktop publishing
– You can provide on-demand printing
– It has a fast turnaround time
– The process allows you to apply changes on the images so that each image has a personalized look
– When compared to other traditional printing methods, digital printing stands apart thanks to the fact that there is no need to replace printing plates; therefore the costs of digital printing are actually lower than those of traditional printing
The most popular printing processes include laser printers or inkjet. These processes allow for the pigmentation of various materials, such as canvas, glass, photo paper, paper, marble and more.